You Talk, I'll Take Action.
I have met and spoken with thousands of local residents, understanding what matters most to them. I have listened to your concerns and if elected as your MP, I will take action to address the issues which impact on our community.
I want to be as clear as possible in my commitment to you. That's why I have produced a detailed plan of what I will do if elected as your next Member of Parliament. I believe I have the experience, vision and energy to take action and deliver for Mandurah and with your support, I'll work day and night to get the job done.
My Plan for Our Community:
Crime and drug related crime is one of the biggest concerns in our community. That's why if the Liberals are elected, we'll implement the most comprehensive response to meth and drug related crime in our State's history.
- Expanding Mandurah Police Station, adding 100 extra police;
- The toughest sentences for meth dealers in Australia, including up to life in prison;
- Building a forced rehabilitation facility for addicts;
- Supporting families of addicts with more counselling services and clinical support;
- Mandatory jail sentences for drug traffickers;
- More drug & alcohol ED nurses, including at Peel Health Campus;
- More money for the 'dob in a drug dealer' hotline, and
- More mental health beds at Peel Health Campus.
There is plenty to love about where we live. That's why I want to make sure we invest in our community to make it an even better place.
Our plan includes:
- A plan for more full-time secure jobs, through projects like Transform Peel which will add 33,000 jobs by 2030;
- Re-stocking the estuary with blue swimmer crab;
- Building a shark eco-barrier at Falcon Bay;
- Implementing a voluntary buy-out of professional fishing licences in the Estuary;
- Expanding out-of-hours school care to every public primary school;
- Introducing an "Seniors Housing Grant" to allow for stamp duty concessions for those wishing to downsize;
- Invest $40,000 to upgrade the lights at South Mandurah Tennis Club;
- Cut payroll tax for local small businesses;
- Invest $18.4million to build a Hospitality and Tourism Training Centre at the Peel TAFE campus, part of a program that will deliver 1000 jobs and 5000 training places;
- Rolling out an expanded First Home Owners Grant for those who build a new home - meaning more jobs in construction for tradies, and
- Responding to the mental health concerns in our community by investing $5million to build the Peel Youth Medical Service and a pioneering $1million trial for clinical mental health services in the home, run out of Peel Health Campus.
FIGHTING FOR US
Since 2008, the Liberals have got on with the job and continued to deliver great projects for our community. However there is still more to do.
That's why if I am elected as your next MP I'll fight:
- To build a new Estuary Bridge, sooner rather than later;
- Stop the mandatory roll-out of the "safe schools" program;
- Stop secret new taxes proposed by Labor;
- To build a world-class skate park at Falcon;
- To get a new high school in Dawesville, sooner rather than later;
- To expand the bus network to Herron & Bouvard;
- For more full-time secure jobs here in town, and;
- To support Murdoch University in expanding the provision of degrees on offer in our community.