Plan for Jobs in Our Community.
There are a number of ways that I intend on bringing more local jobs in town, to address the issue of unemployment and youth unemployment. If elected as your MP, I will work day and night to ensure that our community has access to high quality, full-time secure employment.
The Liberals' Plan for Jobs in our our community includes:
- Delivering Transform Peel, an agri-food and industrial land development that will provide for 33,000 jobs by 2050;
- Partially floating Western Power, to both pay down state debt ($8billion) but also fund $3billion into long-term investment projects. I hope to secure funds to ensure we can get critical local infrastructure built, such as a new estuary bridge. This will see more local jobs right here in town;
- Not introducing a mining tax, which will have a significant impact on the viability of many iron ore projects in WA;
- Fight hard using my private sector experience to get as many businesses to set up shop in town, as well as trying to get a Government Department HQ built right in the Mandurah CBD;
- Cut payroll tax, saving $55million over three years to enable small business to hire more people and expand in our town;
- Provide up to $20,000 in grants to help local small business owners move into the 21st century;
- Invest $18.4million to build a Hospitality and Tourism Training Centre at the Peel TAFE campus, part of a program that will deliver 1000 jobs and 5000 training places where they are needed most;
- Continue to invest in major transport projects such as Roe 8 & 9 which will deliver thousands of jobs - some people locally are already employed on this project even though it's still early days, and
- Expand the First Home Owners Grant which means more construction tradies will benefit from a healthy home building industry.
I will never stop in trying to make sure that we have more jobs here locally. I need your support at the upcoming State Election to implement this plan for our community.
Do you have more questions?
Great! Simply use the form below to let me know your thoughts or ask any questions you've got about this important decision.
You can also give me a call or drop into the office.
BOUVARD | DAWESVILLE | DUDLEY PARK | ERSKINE
FALCON | HALLS HEAD | HERRON | WANNANUP
Authorised by A. Cox for the Liberal Party, 12 Parliament Place, West Perth.